Fine Dining Host/Hostess - Salishan Spa & Golf Resort - Gleneden Beach, OR
We are looking for Team Members who exemplify the Core Values of Portfolio Hotels & Resorts:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about your business
- Enthusiastically reimagine and innovate
SUMMARY: The Host/Hostess is primarily responsible for greeting guests, taking them to their table and providing them with menus. S/He will be a personal representation of the overall hospitality of the hotel.
The Host/Hostess shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture.
Essential job FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Monitor the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables.
- Estimate wait time for guests.
- Maintain a neat and accurate reservation book and wait list.
- Ensure the needs of the guests are met while they are waiting in the restaurant.
- Answer the telephone as needed.
- Book reservations.
- Move tables together to accommodate large parties.
- Maintain efficient traffic patterns in the kitchen area(s).
- Remain up to date on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations.
- Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies, or threats to the security of guests or employees.
- Report all accidents and breakages to the Kitchen Steward Supervisor or Executive Chef in charge.
- Report and/or take action on any equipment breakdown or safety issue relevant to your work area.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Work in a safe manner and abide by OSHA regulations and the hotel's policies in regard to accident and incident reporting procedures.
- Adhere to relevant Workplace Safety and Health standards and Food Safety Hygiene standards.
- Meet grooming standards of the hotel as set out in the Team Member Handbook.
- May assist with other duties as assigned including but not limited to assistance with food dish-up, completing set-up sheets, assisting with set-up and break-down for various events, etc.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
eXPERIENCE & eDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience in fine dinning
- Knowledge of food and beverage service operations preferred
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Problem solving and reasoning skills
- Experience in training
- Willingness and ability to promote a positive team member culture and core values
- Must speak fluent English
- Fluency in other languages beneficial
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Must be detailed orientated and work well under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with guests
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Possess strong motivational, organizational and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to stand and move about the kitchen area for a whole shift
- Must be able to frequently stand up or move within and outside the facility
- Must be able to carry, lift, push, and pull items weighting up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements consistent with restaurant work
- Must be able to handle food items, objects, projects, and utensils in a safe manner
- Must be able to frequently bend, stoop, and kneel
- Must be able to frequently handle kitchen supplies and equipment to maintain the facility
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Posted on||13 Feb 2020|
|Location(s)||Salishan Spa & Golf Resort - Gleneden Beach, OR|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|Career level||Entry Level|
|More details (document)|