PM Fine Dining Server - Salishan Spa & Golf Resort - Gleneden Beach, OR
We are looking for Team Members who exemplify the Core Values of Portfolio Hotels & Resorts:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about your business
- Enthusiastically reimagine and innovate
SUMMARY: The Dining Room Server is primarily responsible for serving guests, dining room clean up, and providing support in all areas of the dining room. S/He will promote a safe and welcoming working environment to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
The Dining Room Server shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture.
Essential job FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a professional demeanor and attitude.
- Maintain assigned section of the dining room.
- Complete daily set up procedures.
- Greet guests as they enter the dining room.
- Serves guests according to established procedures and in a fine dining fashion.
- Bus tables as needed.
- Ensure guest satisfaction by servicing their dining room needs.
- Set up and serve special functions and events as scheduled.
- Perform routine cleaning duties as assigned.
- Participates in table and dining room clean up.
- Reports tips for each pay period.
- Maintains dining room safety and sanitation.
- Punches in, signs in, and reports to the Restaurant Manager/Assistant Restaurant Manager on time and in full uniform for each shift.
- Obtains Manager's approval prior to punching out.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager/Assistant Restaurant Manager.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
eXPERIENCE & eDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Server experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of basic restaurant service and pleasant attitude
- Neat, clean person with strong desire to serve people
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional guest-focus
- Fluency in other languages beneficial
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be detail-oriented and work well under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with employees
- Possess strong motivational, organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other staff members of the organization and hospitality community
- Able to stand for 8 hours
- Must be able to walk about the dining room for the majority of shift
- Able to lift and carry at least 20 pounds
- Must be able to safely handle kitchen and dining utensils
- Noise level is usually moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Posted on||13 Feb 2020|
|Location(s)||Salishan Spa & Golf Resort - Gleneden Beach, OR|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|Career level||Entry Level|
|More details (document)|