Conference Service Coordinator - Radisson Hotel Corning - East Corning, NY
Conference Service Coordinator
We are looking for Team Members who exemplify the Core Values of Portfolio Hotels & Resorts:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about your business
- Enthusiastically reimagine and innovate
SUMMARY: The Conference Services Coordinator coordinates all aspects of upcoming conferences and banqueted events after the contracting processes. The Conference Services Coordinator is the meeting planner's liaison to all departments related to their upcoming event. S/He will maximize the profitability of the hotel while maintaining guest satisfaction.
Essential job FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Perform administrative duties relevant to account responsibilities in compliance with corporate guidelines. Document and organize detailed requirements of each function. Share group information with various departments to service accounts.
- Detail and service banquet business.
- S/He will maximize the profitability of the hotel while maintaining guest satisfaction.
- Communicate with sales, front office and reservations in order to coordinate and monitor guest room blocks and reservation needs.
- Assign banquet/meeting rooms set up based on needs of clients, e.g., classroom, rounds.
- Monitor in house group activity providing assistance as needed.
- Host and entertain clients, conduct property tours, and promote facilities and services.
- Conduct walking site inspections throughout property for booked clients and prospective clients on behalf of sales and catering teams.
- Service sales groups as the conference services manager to include all planning details once contract is signed through execution of event. Maintain clear communication to sales manager and client to ensure execution of event is flawless.
- Support the day-to-day activities of the sales and catering team.
- Arrange all details of conventions and or catering events to include room set-ups, staging, lighting, audiovisual, traffic flow, menus, décor, entertainment, group room blocks, VIP services, and approved method of payment.
- Assist in the negotiation of food and beverage prices, function space, and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines.
- Identify operational opportunities that impact the effectiveness of overall catering sales performance and work closely with appropriate Departments on solutions.
- Plan and conduct pre-event and post-event meeting with clients, guests, and catering staff as needed.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Enter new menus and update in catering software
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years of hotel catering experience preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred in sales/catering environment
- Must have excellent organization skills
- Experience creating BEO's, customized menus, diagraming, and full event coordination preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Willingness and ability to promote a positive team member culture and core values
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written required.
- Excellent networking, negotiation, and presentation skills required.
- Ability to utilize a moderately complex computer system, including word, excel, etc.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as well as being able to work full shift standing on feet and walking throughout hotel or sitting for long periods of time. Must be a seasoned leader, have strong organizational skills, and have thorough knowledge and understanding of hotel operations.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently
- Must be detailed orientated and work well under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with employees
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- May require a Driver's License
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to frequently stand up or move within and outside the facility
- Must be able to carry or lift items weighting up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements consistent with office work
- Must be able to frequently handle office supplies and equipment to maintain the facility
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
|Posted on||15 Jan 2020|
|Location(s)||Radisson Hotel Corning - East Corning, NY|
|Department||Sales & Marketing|
|Career level||Entry Level, Experienced (non-management)|
|More details (document)|